About Elderly Companion Housekeepers
Elderly Companion Housekeepers are there to help an elderly or disabled person, or someone in recovery. Our Companions would provide essential companionship and emotional support as well as running errands in clients household.
Happy Home Companions would help with:
- General housework and laundry
- Cooking and shopping
- Looking after petty cash, paying bills and banking
- Accompanying to and from appointments, transport to shopping, including doctor appointments, travel abroad and family visits etc
- Looking after the client’s pets, organising vet appointments
- Organising doctors/hospital appointments as well as dealing with doctors or nurses
- Managing the diary, dealing with contractors
- Basic personal care, including assistance in dressing up etc
- Administration of medication
Some of our Candidates might have NVQ qualifications, but generally just experience with checkable references of a minimum of 4 years. Happy Home Staff will apply for a CRB check on behalf of the candidate.
Working Hours and Pay
Live-in Companion/Housekeepers would work 5 to 6 days a week, 10 to 12 hours a day, with 2 to 3 hours off per day taken at a convenient time for the client.
Salaries generally start at £350 net per week, but are dependent on experience. Should the Companion/Housekeeper be required to be on call during the night or other out of hours times, you should allow for an additional £20 net per night or £5 per each call out.
Daily Companion/Housekeepers would work 8 to 10 hours a day with a salary of £80+ net per day and should be entitled to have at least 1 full day off during the week.
All our applicants must have a minimum of 4 years experience in the UK. Our Companion/Housekeepers must have at least 2 years experience working in domestic services with 2 checkable references.