A Housekeeper is someone who takes care of the running of your household, and this goes way beyond just cleaning.
At Happy Home Staff, we are looking for dedicated Housekeepers, and therefore generally only take on candidates who have demonstrated longevity in previous roles, this being a minimum of 2 years in one employment.
Generally we look for candidates with a minimum of 4 years experience in large, demanding households, often working for employers who are very particular about their households. We select only candidates who understand the importance of perfectionism, initiative and ability to take and remember the instructions.
The difference between a Housekeeper and a Cleaner is that the Housekeeper works usually only for a single employer, taking care of all the different tasks needed for running the household, from general cleaning, shopping and polishing the silver to helping out at dinner parties..
- Taking care of all general household duties, such as cleaning, vacuuming, dusting etc
- Polishing silver, brass
- Flower arrangement
- Organising wardrobes, shelves, cupboards
- Laundry, ironing from shirts to bed sheets
- Dealing with contractors
- Taking messages
- Helping at dinner parties
- Cooking or preparing food
- Occasional childcare
- Other activities such as basic gardening
Housekeepers expect to be paid at least GBP350-450 a week for a full time
Live-in Position. For Live-out this rises to GBP400-500.
For part time live-out, expect to pay about £9-10 per hour
Full time Housekeepers work usually from 8am till 6pm. However, this is flexible according to the requirements of the position. Some Housekeepers are happy to work during the weekend, perhaps half or whole of Saturday in exchange for a day off during the week.
Our Verification Procedure
Perhaps the most important aspect of our work is the verification around our applicants. We take this seriously and set a high standard in our process.
- Require a minimum of 2 proofs of identity (no photocopies), one of which must have a recent photograph.
- Verify their qualifications
- Verify their Visa status, if necessary
- Verify references.
- Require a police check.
- As well as the formal checks, we will interview the applicants and will use our knowledge skills and experience to gauge their suitability for a position.
If you are looking to employ a Nanny-Housekeeper or Housekeeper, contact us on 0207 824 5189 or email email@example.com