At Happy Home Staff, we ask for a minimum of 4 years professional experience, preferably in the UK. On occasion, we will accept applicants with 2 or more years, but only if their references are outstanding and they prove that they are first class candidates during our interview.
Applicants' experience must be provable by way of checkable references.
And so, what we require for our vetting process includes the following:
- 2 proofs of ID (passport, driving licence, birth certificate), one of which must have a recent picture.
- Originals of all child care related qualifications.
- Employment references including proof. For these, we require a landline number and address.
- Original of a valid first aid certificate, or agreement to obtain one prior to engagement.
- A valid CRB check for enhanced disclosure, or agreement to obtain one prior to engagement.
If there are any items in the list above that you do not possess, such as first aid certificate or insurance, or think you will have trouble obtaining, such as reference details of a an old employer perhaps from another country, please talk to us about it, and we will advise you if and how it can be resolved.